BCPVPA is very proud to sponsor BC Student Voice, where students influence the decisions that affect their education.
Our vision is for all students in the province to be heard in matters affecting their education.
The mission of BC Student Voice is to empower students to address their needs, interests and concerns by strengthening the links among students and their partners in education.
- To increase the awareness of BC Student Voice throughout the province.
- To establish broad representation of students for the provincial BC Student Voice by creating a regional representative network throughout the province.
- To communicate information about BC Student Voice with all partners in education.
- To encourage all members of BC Student Voice to meet with their Principals and Vice-Principals to discuss further involvement of students and methods of networking with other schools.
- To increase awareness and understanding, and to facilitate positive change in social issues.
The BC Student Voice newsletter features articles and opinion pieces written and edited by students. We look forward to the resumption of BC Student Voice Spring and Fall Forums once allowed again by health and safety protocols.
In 1990, a group of dedicated students and educators saw a need for enhancing student leadership in British Columbia. The B.C. Principals’ & Vice-Principals’ Association, with the support of the Ministry of Education, assisted the group in launching a concept called BC Student Voice. Since then, the Voice has grown to represent all regions across the province. BC Student Voice has placed representatives on provincial Ministry of Education committees and represented student opinion at regional and provincial meetings. BC Student Voice has developed its own vision, mission and goals. Supported by adult advisors, students meet regularly to review provincial education directions, gather support for their various regional initiatives and facilitate developments of school and district student voices.