Critical Illness Insurance
What’s the last thing you want to worry about if you’re diagnosed with a critical illness? Finances.
That’s where Critical Illness insurance comes in. While your disability insurance from an employer can cover regular bills, Critical Illness can be used for the extra expenses an illness causes.
- A lump sum, tax-free payment that you can use as you see fit. You decide how it’s used because every person’s needs are different.
How it works:*
- Basic Critical Illness covers you for six of the most common critical illnesses (heart attack, stroke, life threatening cancer, kidney failure, coma, bacterial meningitis).
- Enhanced Critical Illness costs slightly more per month, but covers an additional 15 conditions, including multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- You can buy coverage up to age 65 to cover you until age 75.
- You can choose $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000 in coverage.
- Your premium only changes when you enter a new age band.
- Unlike workplace plan insurance, it’s your personal plan, so it stays in force even if you’ve left your job.
- It’s simple; just answer eight questions over the phone for an instant approval or decline, and coverage is immediate.
Like to get an idea of the cost?
We can find the solution to suit your needs and budget. Let us know a few details, and we’ll do the rest.
Critical Illness Insurance: find out more
* Based on current product underwritten by Western Life Company. Johnson Inc. (Johnson) is a licensed insurance intermediary. Johnson provides administrative, consulting and/or claims administration/payment services. Critical Illness insurance products may be underwritten by various insurance providers. Not available in QC. Eligibility requirements, limitations, or exclusions may apply and/or may vary by province/territory.