Registration is now open for these events and programs:
Live Life in Crescendo
Your Most Important Work is Always Ahead of You
Surrey Schools, BCPVPA, and the SPVPA invite you to experience the “Crescendo Mentality”, essential work for those in any stage of their career, and especially those in mid to late career. Learn specific strategies to help you to continue to develop your growth mindset and find joy in your daily work.
Live Life in Crescendo© addresses the vital questions that many of us have:
- How can you live your best life no matter your age or stage?
- How can you continue to contribute if you have already been successful?
- How do you live your best life in the second half of life, when you may be thinking of retiring and settling down?
This two-session learning experience will take place at the Resource and Education Center, located on 14123 92nd Avenue, Surrey. This event will also be available live online. The event dates are:
Monday April 17, 2023 3:30 – 6:00 pmMonday May 8, 2023 3:30 – 6:00 pm
Surrey Principal and Vice Principal Association(SPVPA) Members:
All other BCPVPA Members:
FranklinCovey Education has partnered with Liz Wiseman to develop a new solution that enables school leaders to become Multipliers® who:
• Access and use the untapped capabilities on their school staffs.
• Rekindle energy and enthusiasm as school staffs achieve a greater impact.
• Innovate by encouraging new and bold thinking.
• Break through to new levels of engagement by amplifying people’s intelligence.
The two session event takes place on March 29 and April 4, 2023, facilitated by Peter Johnston, Director of Professional Learning & Development, BCPVPA.
Registration is now closed
Leading a Culture of Learning
Leading a Culture of Learning is a five-session program supporting leaders in building collaborative cultures that focus on learning.
- In the first session, participants define themselves as leaders, grounding their vision in firmly held values and beliefs.
- In the second session, participants explore theories of change, and develop their ability to craft questions for inquiry.
- In the third session, participants understand the power of the story as they begin to define the learning journey for their school.
- In the fourth session, participants are introduced to structures to support job-embedded learning.
- In the fifth session, participants will explore ways of amplifying the capabilities of the people they lead.
Participants are supported as they learn how to have coaching conversations to plan, to reflect, and to problem solve.
Registration for the Spring Cohort is closed and the program is currently underway.
2023 IDEAS Forum
Our annual celebration of learning, leadership and collaboration took place on Friday February 10, 2023. This was both a virtual and in-person event at the JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, with keynote speakers and storytellers.